Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Loosing Weight, Adjusting and Keeping it Together


I shared with yall earlier that I had gained weight since our move. My doctor recommended South Beach Diet. I already had the book and decided to get started this summer. Then in the fall I joined First Place for Health at church. BOTH work and together they help me stay on task.



Above is an example of a NO carb meal for Phase 1 of South Beach. The steak is grilled. Fresh greens from the garden to make a great salad...pairing protein and vegetables are key in the South Beach Diet. The amazing thing was the NEW side. It's a stuffed portabella mushroom cap.


RECIPE

Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Cap

Spinach [frozen or fresh]

Egg

Parmesan Cheese [grated works better]

On the stove top I cooked the spinach just long enough to change the color with enough water to keep it from burning. Then add the egg and cheese...stir and cook a few more minutes [till cheese is melted and egg is cooked]. Then I stuffed the caps and placed in the oven on 350 degrees for about 20 minutes [or till the caps look cooked].


DELISH. Much better choice than a loaded potato for those watching carbs.


I started parking at the end of the parking lot to force myself to walk. 

Instead of sitting at the computer in a chair...I switched to an exercise ball. This works on your core and increases activity during a somewhat NON active addiction.

During commercials, get up and clean something.

Run up and down stairs or walk instead of elevators and/or making kids get things. 

Find activities you love vs exercise...walking in the woods with family looking at nature, hiking, gardening, swimming, etc.

I have lost 27 pounds with a few more to go but I feel much better and I don't feel like I have punished myself. 

Good Luck.


1 comment: