Monday, January 25, 2010

Bama Belle turned Mountain Momma....

Moving this far North really has some challenges.

January and February used to just be the first two months of the year, back when I lived down south. But here in the mountains they are the longest months of the entire year. Everything outside is ugly, unless it's covered in snow. The snow makes it pretty but then you are stuck in the house for days on end with stressed out kidlets.

Last year I gained 40 pounds between October to June. In June I went to the doctor secretly hoping I had some disease [I know it's bad but the truth]...the doctor called with recommendations for several DIETS!!! So this year I am 27 pounds smaller with 20 more to loose. I solved that issue of winter blues.

Another issue...after I take all nine of my Christmas trees down and all the extra for the holidays, everything looks so empty, stark, dead, sad! Outside looks the same way.....void of color.

So this year I am putting out some light blue and red accents for Valentines' Day. I know not traditional Vday colors but that's me.

My first blog post I don't hear rockets going off and bells ringing but at least I didn't wait till everything was perfect to start.

I really have tons of things to say: so I have a copy and don't have to hunt for the idea and maybe someone out there could use the idea too.

4 comments:

  1. I think you did great for you first Blog post. I have Valentine's decorations and never put them up. Maybe I need to change that this year or next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, Heather! I've thought about starting a blog, but I think it'd be really, really boring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting my first taste of a non-texas January today actually! It's snowing here in Kentucky. I can't decide if I like it or not...mainly because I'm afraid to drive anywhere now. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog Heather! Look forward to your future posts!

    ReplyDelete